We’re somehow halfway through spring, and I’ve finally decided it’s time for my Spring Gaming Bucket List. It’s been difficult for me to get in the ‘spring spirit,’ if you will, so I hope our virtual worlds will be able to help with that. Here are a few things you can do to feel those spring vibes.
- Plant Flowers – there are loads of games where you get to plant and grow flowers. Games like Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing come to mind, as well as Plant Daddy, which focuses on growing plants inside your home.
- Take in the Scenery – We’re not getting out much these days, so why not play a game that’s got a hefty serving of exploration? Sometimes it’s nice to just roam around in games instead of completing story objectives. I’m thinking I need to pick Breath of the Wild back up. I’m also keeping an eye on Windbound, which looks to take inspiration from both Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker.
- Listen to some Spring Tunes – As I’ve done for fall and winter, I’ve also created a spring video game music playlist.
- Take your Games Outside – We’ve all been cooped up inside a lot lately, but if you’ve got a portable console, nice weather, and space around your house to go outside, definitely head out. I love taking my Switch outside on nice days.
- Play Games that Take Place in Spring – Or play spring levels/sections. I think this is a bit harder than it is for fall or winter. It’s usually pretty obvious when you’re playing a game set in fall/winter, but not so much spring. Some Zelda games come to mind when I think about it – especially Skyward Sword and the child-Link part of Ocarina of Time.
Are there any video games that remind you of spring? I hope everyone’s enjoying the season as much as they can (and maybe getting stuff off their backlog).